Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A SMALL ARMY, 2010 TEAM



I wanted to be sure to thank everyone for their support before, during, and after Iditarod.  It really does take a small army to put a team on the trail and (sometimes) to get it off the trail.  Devan, of course, provides key support building fixing my sleds, maintaining the dog truck, and counseling me on do's and don'ts.  Reto, who handled for us all season, worked hard preparing the dogs for the trail and  helped prepare and organize food drops.  Jewel and Angela once again prepared yummy meals and snacks for the trail and Jewel also accompanied the team to the start and restart, her third time providing support to our effort.  Alyson, who joined us in early February, provided much needed help to all of us, training and  massaging dogs, organizing the food drops, and sewing the trendy leggings needed to protect the team from "chicken leg." Russ and Jill provided housing and support in Willow and assisted with the literally last minute details.  It was great to see how it all came together at the start of the race and I was proud of our entire team.

Since I abandon my accounting responsibilities at Brice for two to three weeks, it is important to also thank those in the office who help made it possible  - Sonya, Jackie, Debbie, Grayce, and Krista.  The list is actually much longer since Brice Inc has sponsored my run and all the employees have supported me in spirit.

My 2010 run was abbreviated short of the Nome destination due to my own physicial limitations, nevertheless my handlers, Alyson and Reto, were able to experience the Iditarod finish in Nome thanks to the hospitality of Carol and Jim who have hosted us over the years.  We are very grateful for their support as well and look forward to another visit in 2011.

Happy trails.. judy

No comments: